The Consumer Credit Act license should be obtained by companies that extend credit or arrange for the extension of credit. In order to fulfill the requirements of the Alabama S.A.F.E Act companies who will be extending credit or arranging for the extension of credit secured by residential real estate will have to apply for their Consumer Credit Act license through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System “NMLS” denoted below by the link labeled Residential Lender.

All Non-Residential lenders can obtain an application through this website by following the link to Non-Residential Lender Application.

  • Residential Lender Application: Any company that will extend credit or take assignments of consumer credit contracts secured by residential real estate must apply through NMLS. This link will connect you to the NMLS website or you may click the NMLS logo below.
  • Non-Residential Lender Application: Any company that will not conduct residential lending can obtain an application by clicking this link.